Maybe you weren’t able to get a FastPass+ for a must-do ride or attraction, or maybe you missed your FastPass+ window, OR…maybe you just decided, after getting off a ride, that you need to ride it again because it was so good. In all of these cases, you’re likely going to have a very long line wait ahead of you. Enter the Play Disney Parks App.
The answer to making those long wait times fun and go by faster is the new, FREE Play Disney Parks App that was released in June 2018. It’s packed with features we’re all going to love, features that are listed below!
5 Reasons to Download the Play Disney Parks App
1. It Can be Used at Both Walt Disney World or Disneyland
No matter where you’re headed, the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida or Disneyland Resort in California, you can use this app.
Once you launch the app, you’ll be asked what your destination is, choose the correct one and you’re all set for lots of fun!
2. It Will Keep Kids Occupied Because the Entire Family Can Play
Everyone doesn’t need their own device in order to play as a family. “In-queue” games allow you to enter all of the players’ names at the beginning and when it’s time for someone else to play, the app will prompt you to pass the phone to the next person.
Some games interact with the physical environment around the attraction you’re waiting for and will activate special show effects or uncover magical surprises. Fun, right?!
3. The Graphics are Bright and Fun
As you can see from the screenshots above and below, a lot of time was spent on the design and visuals for this app. From the time you open it up, you’ll be drawn in because of the bright and fun graphics and imagery. Kids will especially love this!
The app’s interface also changes with the seasons. As I write this, it’s fall, so the interface contains fun added touches that are Halloween themed.
It should also be noted that the app is very easy to navigate.
4. Each Line Wait Will be Different Because the App is Interactive, Based On Your Surroundings
After you choose the park you’re in, you’ll be presented with all of the fun options available to you (look for the white circles and click on each one to see what you can do).
5. Earn Achievements and Learn Disney Trivia and Fun Facts
When you ride attractions or complete games, while signed into your Disney account, the Play Disney Parks App will allow you to earn, collect, and share themed achievements. These achievements aren’t worth anything; they’re more for bragging rights amongst your family members!
Games require you to be close to a specific attractions, but trivia challenges are available anywhere (even at home!) and not only at specific places in the parks.
BONUS: Listen to Disney Sounds and Music, Any Time!
We always want to bring the Disney magic home with us after our vacations come to a close, and the Play Disney Parks App allows you to do this by making Disney sounds and music from the parks available to you, any time.
While many of the app features require you to be in the parks to experience them, there are a few things you can enjoy from home, before and after your vacation (and even during your vacation!).
If you use an iOS device, through Apple Music, you will have access to Disney playlists inspired by classic sounds from the Disney Parks, the different lands, attractions, and characters.
* Note that some of the music and sound features may require an Apple Music subscription.
Tips for Using the Play Disney Parks App:
- You will need to be connected to the internet to use the app’s features, so while in the parks, be sure to switch off your data and connect to the park’s WiFi so you don’t return home to unexpected data charges.
- You will need to switch on location services on your device so the app knows where you are so it can give you access to park specific features.
- To avoid draining your battery down to nothing, be sure to carry a portable charger to keep the fun going! We all know those line waits can be long, so you may be using the app more than you think.
- The app is still in its early days and there are big plans to add a lot more to it, especially with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coming in 2019. So look out for many new features and updates in the future.
And one more thing…while this app is going to add lots more fun to your next trip, it’s also nice to take in some of the sights you’ll see during a line wait. Disney Imagineers put lots of thought into everything we experience while at Disney, including the line waits!
Like the My Disney Experience app, the Play Disney Parks App is also a free Disney app! Have you downloaded it yet? If not, you can do so here:
And if you already have it and have used it at the parks, tell us what you love most about it in the comments!
If you like this post, you may also like these:
- 5 Reasons to Download the My Disney Experience App
- Best Disney World Planning Websites
- The Best Use for FastPass+ at Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- The Best Use for FastPass+ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Best Use for FastPass+ at Disney’s Epcot
- The Best Use for FastPass+ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
* all images in this post are screenshots taken from the app.