Walt Disney World has just announced new events being added next year, and once you learn about them, you’ll want to make Disney World 2019 a reality! So keep reading!
If you’ve been on the fence about planning your next (or first!) Disney vacation, you should know that Disney has big plans to roll out MANY new events that will make you excited for a Disney World 2019 visit!
There are 19 new and limited-time shows, parties, and character interactions that were announced for all parks at the Walt Disney World Resort. Here are the highlights:
New Disney World 2019 Events Listed By Park
Magic Kingdom Park
- “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” (Jan. 18 – ongoing)
- New songs for entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. (Jan. 18 – Sept. 30)
- Limited-time magical moments across the park (Jan. 18 – Sept. 30)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Celebrate the Incredibles at Pixar Place (Jan. 18 – Sept. 30)
- Meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. (Jan. 18 – ongoing)
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy (spring 2019 – ongoing)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” (Jan. 18 – Sept. 30)
- “The Lion King” three-dimensional photo opportunities (Jan. 18 – Sept. 30)
- More celebration of “The Lion King” to be revealed at a later date
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts, featuring expanded Disney on Broadway Concert Series (Jan. 18 – Feb. 25)
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, featuring expanded Garden Rocks Concert Series (March 6 – June 3)
With all of these changes, some things will have to go, and unfortunately, one of those things is the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth show that debuted 20 years ago and currently takes place nightly at Epcot.
IllumiNations will end its run sometime in the second half of 2019. However, don’t be too sad about this because there are plans to add a new Epcot nighttime show and we’re sure it will be just as impressive as IllumiNations! Look for an announcement about the new show at a later date.
In addition to the new Toy Story Land that opened this year in Hollywood Studios and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coming in 2019, also at Hollywood Studios, there are so many things to be excited for in the coming months when it comes to visiting Walt Disney World!
And a bonus, if you’re in Canada, there is a current deal going on that you can take advantage of that will save you money on your Disney World 2019 vacation!
Read more detailed descriptions of each event by clicking over to the Disney Parks blog, and tell us below which of these events sounds like something you’d like to see or take part in!
If you liked this Disney World 2019 post, you may also like these:
- Disney World Planning Tips for First-Timers
- How to Make Disney Dining Reservations + More Dining FAQ
- Tips for Choosing Your Walt Disney World Dining Reservations
- 5 Reasons to Download the My Disney Experience App
- 5 Reasons to Download the Play Disney Parks App
Images provided by Disney. Image credits: Disney / Steven Diaz / Matt Stroshane